Tuesday 10 January 2012

Product Review: The FACE Shop Black Label Lipstick

 Hello everyone! I've always been a lipgloss girl. But ever since I came across Gyaru fashion and makeup I just had to search for the perfect nude color to complete the look. I really think that this is the one for me!




It's just hard to leave me in the mall browsing the cosmetics and beauty section. I don't usually buy from The FACE shop since I find other Korean brands, like Etude House and Tony Moly, much more appealing. I like to collect cute packaging. I looked around anyway after having breezed through the department store.






As I was browsing around, I swatched the lipsticks on the back of my hand. I checked out the product numbers and tested this one. It rolled on smoothly and the color was a very appealing peachy pink. It's very flattering on my heavily yellow under toned skin.



                                                                                                           

                                                                                          The FACE Shop Black Label Lipstick #16

I proceeded to testing it on my lips and it was like love at first swatch!!! It looked so natural, in fact, the color was similar to my natural lip color. I had to make sure to check twice since there was another nude lipstick of a similar color I liked. The store's lights were pointed off in different places I found it insufficient to make a proper judgement. But in the end I went with this one because it was cheaper. This was priced at 300 something.




                                                                                    Lipstick with Majolica Majorca Rouge Majex Gloss
Pros:                                                                       1) Creamy texture. Feel great and easy to apply.    2) Doesn't settle or clump in lines.                          3) Extremely light and negligible scent                    4) No weird flavors.                                           Cons:                                                                   1) Not really long lasting or waterproof. I don't mind this because I can easily reapply it anyway. (Stays longer than NYX lipsticks at least)
(left) The FACE Shop BLS#16 (right) NYX RLS Tea Rose

A comparison between my last and current fav lippies. As you can see Tea Rose is way more pink while #16 is a toned down peach color. Both are creamy but I think The Face Shop lipstick's last longer. 

O hello there bags and lines. One of my off days. Didn't really use concealer.

The Final Verdict:
I think that this is a great product specially if you want that natural look. I think this would work for those in the fairer spectrum. I'm not quite sure how this would fair on morenas but I think its a flattering shade in general. The packaging isn't bad either. It's quite sleek and elegant.

I love how this doesn't feel heavy on your lips. It doesn't feel drying either. It doesn't last long like I said so that might be an issue for some people. This shade is quite common among Asian cosmetic lines, in my opinion, but it;s my first time owning one. 

Final note is that I think this looks great with gloss. It will give you those lovely innocent and kissable looking lips like those Gyaru models. I'd definitely recommend this as a nice present to friends who don't weak makeup to often.

Anyway that's all for today! Thank you so much for reading this blog post.
~Lotsa love to you all, Kat~

No comments:

Post a Comment