Wednesday 9 November 2011

Contact Lenses: Cutiepie Dolly+ (Red) & Halloween EOTD




Hello, this is a contact lens review for the Cutiepie Dolly+. I bought mine quite some time ago back in July from Japanese Candy. I only recently used it for my Flandre Scarlet cosplay for Cosmania 2011. Read more for pics and the review : 3


Yup this is another one of those backlog posts. At first I wanted to share my eyeshadow look from Halloween since i was quite proud of it. Then I was like why not just combine two posts in one? Ahhh I hope i'm not making it hard for everyone though. I just want to make the most out of one post.

 First lets talk about the shipping and online shop services. 



I ordered two lenses from them when they were having a on hand lenses for 500 pesos sale. I ordered Vassen Jewel eyes in pink and Cutie Dolly+ in red. They were obviously wrapped with a lot of care and the package came under 5 days via local courier service. They were quick to respond when I had questions and we mostly talked through email.

Vassen Party Eyes: Jewel Pink


Cutiepie Dolly+ Red

Now on to the actual lens review.

Ambient Indoor Light
This photo isn't mine. Credit to the person who took this thanks!

DX darn picasa watermark...  Photo by Master Siopao >3<

Under very bright fluorescent lights

Info from the seller:
Lens Usage: 1 year (Depends on your maintainance)
Origin: Korea
Diameter: 16mm (14.5mm Real Dia)
Contents: 42%
Base Curve: 8.60mm

Enlargement: 
If I recall these were advertised larger at around 15mm but yes they really are 14.5 I was hoping they were bigger for my cosplay since Flandre Scarlet a little girl vampire. Lol and I could've sworn they used to be advertised as 15mm? Well on other sites with similar designs from a diff brand they are lol.

Pigmentation:
These are actually quite opaque. Irl if you're up close you'd notice them. Like given extreme close up of just the face then it'd probably turn up. The pigmentation is a good trade off to the size. This shows up best with a lot of light though so it would be best outside or with a flash.

Style:
What drew me to this first and foremost was the style of the lenses. Back then looking at red geo lenses they came off quite creepy. These look a bit more natural albeit the redness. Lol, so i guess you can say these are a charming red? Though the drawback of having a stylized black ring with the size is that you don't get to see too much of the red indoor with photos.

Comfort:
These are actually quite comfy to wear for a long period of time. Cons usually last from 10am-8pm and then my prep time starts usually 3 hours before the actual event. It wasn't too drying either or did it have uncomfortable defects. So it's all good.

In summary these were a good buy if you value pigmentation over size. It's not watered down and it doesn't turn into a brown shade. Great for cosplaying and halloween.


Here's some info about the eyeshadow look above~

What I used here:
Majolica Majorca Autoliner
Dollface Cosmetics 88 matte palette
Some fake mac eyeshadow palette i got from my mom's friend.

I wore a blond wig with this and went as some weird frankenstein doll for halloween. Purples for the lid, red and light lavender for the accents, and then darker purple and taupe for the outer V. I'm really happy with this since I'm still pretty new at mix and matching shadow looks. I just feel bad i didn't have a pic of my halloween look just a low res one in my phone, oh well.

Thanks for reading my blog and as usual i hope it helped you guys out!
~Kat~

No comments:

Post a Comment