Tuesday 24 January 2012

Bodyline: Shoes Straight out of a Fairytale

Hello and good day to all of you. I would just like to share in this post a pair of shoes I purchased online from a Japanese Lolita brand called Bodyline. Let me show you more about these shoes after the cut.

Note: I was supposed to upload these way earlier. I didn't notice since I fell asleep while writing.

 Here they are, safe and sound, after having surviving the long bumpy journey from wonderland.


I purchased these shoes during a sale Bodyline had for $1 SAL shipping. This was my second time ordering from them. The first time around, I purchased items with my friends for their $20 fixed rate for DHL. My first transaction went smoothly. I was given a tracking number so that I may be able to know the status of my package both in and out of the country. If I had any problem I would simply have to call DHL for updates on my parcel. 

This time around, I experience some difficulties as I have not used SAL before. I've heard a good share of local postal horror stories from my friends and other people. There was this one instance when one of my friends received their package torn up and missing valuable items. Another friend had told me that her package was opened and tampered with because the item she purchased had many scratches on them. Some packages never even end up arriving at all. The handling of the packages at the airport isn't any better either as packages and parcels are thrown into a pile.

Knowing all of this, I certainly got paranoid. I was given a tracking number but it only served useful until it arrived within the country. And then all updates stopped. Normally SAL can take extremely long to arrive. It might even take a month or two depending on the circumstances.  

Luckily I got notice of them after christmas or so from customs. I went to my local post to claim and pick them up. I didn't have much trouble with customs. They opened the package in front of me too. the box has a dent but when they opened it the shoes were in perfect condition. I was so relieved.



These are the most adorable shoes I have ever laid my eyes on. They look so good in person. It's just unbelievable. We don't get shoes like that in this country so it literally is a dream come true. 

Thanks for reading the overly long post!
~Kat~


No comments:

Post a Comment