Sunday 8 January 2012

Tony&Jackey's: The Magic of Korean Hair Salons

I should have updated this earlier but better late than never right? Read more about it after the cut!


For New Year, my mom treated my brother and I to a haircut. Both of us desperately needed one. My brother grows his hair too fast and I was starting to look old. We've heard about Tony & Jackey's from our friends and were excited when our mom agreed to getting our hair done there. 

We went to the branch in Magallanes since it was the closest. Everything was just beautiful and high tech. We were in such awe. It was on the second floor so you have this long walk way and a flight of stairs leading up to the salon.

They had this incredibly lovely piece hanging above the stairs. 


There weren't a lot of people but we were stunned the place looked fab!

They had two stylists, both male. They were wearing something like butler outfits.

They also had a lounge for guests accompanying the customers. 

Here's my brother being attended to by an assistant after his shampooing.

They put some special serum in your hair and bake it. (I lack pics)

They had these amazing lcd mirrors where you can browse the net and pick styles. It was so cool but I did not get a chance to take more pictures. Did I mention it looks like a giant iPhone? You can access the interface through a keyboard. Oh and before I forget to mention they offered free ice tea as well. 

Before                                                                      After

I look a lot younger. I requested my hair not to be cut too short and then I chose a layered style from their              catalogue. After that Mr. Carl (stylist) just did his work. I'm so happy with my new hair an so is my brother.

I remember hearing from somewhere that a haircut here costs 1000. My heart dropped. The only time I ever got a 1000 peso haircut was when my mom took me to Jackie Chen's salon in Malate. Couldn't object to the short but cute asymmetrical bob cut he gave me.  This time they had a promo. 1000 for haircut and keratin treatment. My hair felt so smooth after. I felt like one of those women from a shampoo commercial.

Anyway, this conclude my hair escapades in the ever famous Tony & Jackey's salon. I would definitely go back there. Also this is super late but hey it's my first blog post for the year.

Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment