Monday 27 February 2012

Sleek Cosmetics Double Review: I-Divine Palette in Curacao and Blush in Sunrise



I AM IN LOVE~!!! As I said I would review the stuff I bought from my Make Up Hub Haul. I just have to say that I am now a converted fan of Sleek Cosmetics after having tried two blushes and one palette. I already did a review for their blush in Rose Gold and I am happy to say that the quality is outstandingly consistent for the price I pay for their products. Jump the cut for more information and swatches!!!


 First, I'll start of with the Curacao palette. So like I said I bought this during a sale for 550 pesos. They only had 2 pieces so when I saw it was up I immediately commented 'mine.' Luckily enough I made through the cut and got the second piece!

The I-Divine Palette in Curacao is one out of three product in Sleek'MakeUP's limited edition Caribbean Collection. The other two products are Sleek's Blush in 'Aruba' (Orange Colored Blush) and Sleek's Pout Polish in 'Bonaire.'

The theme is Caribbean so I end up thinking of ocean, beaches, pirates, sun, Johnny Depp, and etc. The packaging for the palette is themed as such. I think it's ok but not something I'd keep. The box is made of some type of thick board material.

Here's a list of the ingredients for those of you who are chemically conscious.

The box said that this palette is mineral based meaning that it isn't 100% mineral. But being mineral doesn't have anything to do with being Hypoallergenic either. You have here typical ingredients like Mica, Talc, and Parabens. I know there are people out there who avoid these certain materials like the plague or are allergic to them. I just want to say that this palette does not break me out at all and I've tried it thrice. I wore it out the whole day every time. I was surprised because my face is really sensitive when it comes to cosmetics.

I like Sleek's packaging with their products. It's quite elegant but sturdy. The plastic doesn't feel cheap. 

 Absolutely gorgeous colors. Colors are named after cocktails, I think.

This is how I got my palette by the way. The plastic was missing and the mirror is cracked but I didn't care for it so much because the palette was untouched and the color payoff was amazing. For 550 Pesos, I get 12 vibrant warm shades. I think this is a versatile palette as well since it has some dark shades to compliment the bright ones. I tried to take an accurate photo of the colors but it looks a bit washed out here? The closeups have more accurate true to life colors. 


First Row
Tequila Sunrise (Metallic Dark Orange) - Gorgeous metallic dark orange shade. 
Martini(Shimmery White) - It's not 'white' but more of an off white or vanilla color. Great highlighter.
Blue Hawaiian(Light Blue) - It's a light sky blue. It only looks a bit teal in the picture. 
Second Row:
Apres Midori(Green) - A more matte Green though if you looks closely it has shimmer in the pan.
Blue Lagoon(Ocean Blue)- This is an ocean blue color. Also has a tad bit of shine in the pan.
Purple Haze(Eggplant Purple) - Purple shade that I like to use it for corners or liner.

First Row:
Bloody Mary (Primary Red) - As the name suggests, this is a very pigmented warm toned red. 
Screwdriver (Primary Yellow) - I LOVE THIS YELLOW. It actually shows up on my heavily yellow undertoned skin. I can just rave about this yellow. Best applied with your fingers for high pigmentation.
Green Iguana (Shimmery Green)-  I don't know if i can call this an Emerald Green 
Second Row:
Green Martini (Metallic Dark Grass Green) - This also works as a great contour shade for the outer V.
Singapore Sling (Pink) - I love this pink shade. It's a cooler pink I believe. 
Espresso Martini (Black) - This is just BLACK. Makes a nice liner too. 

L-R: Apres Midori, Green Iguana, Screwdriver, Bloody Mary, Blue Hawaiian, Martini, Tequila Sunrise.
Swatches!!!! I tried to take these pictures with how the colors look as accurate as possible. I applied these without primer. The color payoff is great, though as you might notice there is more pigmentation with the shimmery colors as compared to the more matte ones. 

L-R: Espresso Martini, Singapore Sling, Purple Haze, Blue Lagoon 
 I only usually need one pat with my brush to get a lot of color. It also stays on quite long throughout the day. The texture is soft with minimal fall out.  The color doesn't really fade drastically throughout the day with some primer. This is why I am so in love with this palette.

Next we have the Sleek Blush in Sunrise! Ingredients list again. Oddly enough the blushes have no Parabens.

Sleek Blush in Sunrise in the pan
I bought this originally as a contour shade because online all the pictures I found of it looked brown. Do not be fooled this is actually a dusky pink shade. The gold glitters in the product reflect to the camera and it ends up looking brown. I was sad that it wasn't a contour shade but at the same time I found a pretty blush.


Sleek Blush in Sunrise Swatch
The color  pay off is astounding as was with the Sleek blush in Rose Gold. One tap with my blush brush gives me enough for application. It's an extremely flattering color on my skin. It stays on for a good period of time too. It's a great replacement for my Estee Lauder Blush that I acquired from my friend. I love dusky pink shades since they look convincingly natural on my skin.





Sleek Blushes in Rose Gold (Left) & Sunrise (right)
 Rose Gold and Sunrise side by side comparison. See, Sunrise looks brown but it's not. Rose Gold is a bright pink with heavy gold shimmer. Both shades are lovely. I would love to get more colors of Sleek's blushes. It's a great deal since you can purchase them for 400-450 pesos.






Swatch Sleek Blushes in Rose Gold (bottom) & Sunrise (top) 
Tadaa~! A swatch comparison. These both have great texture for blushes. It's not chalky either. Application is a breeze. Neither have broken me out so far unlike other drugstore brand blushes with a similar price range. I highly recommend this to those who want a reliable blush but don't want to make their wallets cry.


BONUS: FOTD with both products~!

RAINBOWS. I LOVE RAINBOWS. People made NyanKat jokes that day too. 

The blush is more apparent on the left picture. I'll make a separate post just for this FOTD because this post is way too long as it is. It's funny though because this was last week already. I just update slow. 

As always, thank you for reading through my long posts.
~Kat~

No comments:

Post a Comment