Monday 4 April 2011

Yay First Post!! NYX Haul + FOTD

Yay! My first makeup blog post! Struggling with the photo thingy is really frustrating : < Anywho today I'll be talking about my first NYX Haul from Digital Traincase and a FOTD Inspired by one of Michelle Phan's video tutorials. Yes fine lines. I dunno what to do with them.





For this look I used the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, the NYX round lipstick in rosebud and 88 matte palette from Doll Face Cosmetics. My friend Lala bought it at the Rockwell Moonlit Bazaar I think? She sold it to me for half price since she didn't really use it much. Joy! Another eyeshadow palette. She gave me another one before that but it was kinda hard to pick the colors off it a bit.



Anyway as a base I tried out the Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil. I love it! It's pigmented and creamy. It's kind of hard to use this on your waterline though. I learned that these Jumbo Pencils work best as Eyeshadow bases.



Then after that woosh! The color. Though wearing it throughout the day taught me that when it comes in contact with water it gets flaky. It may be because i didn't use an eyeshadow primer. Yea I also have a problem with my left eye tearing up a lot. I'm not sure if it's some sort of adverse reaction to makeup but i usually ignore it.



Anyway so the story is, I made an order for my NYX haul right? I changed my order half way and added 2 more products but they forgot to send it to me on the first shipping. They kindly sent the other two which I find really nice. Oh and their shipping is quite ok. 


Tadaa. The NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in London and the Nyx Round Lipstick in Echo (It's for my friend Cam) I was glad it arrived so I wanted to check them out. But when I tried to take off the cover for the Echo Lipstick...


Uuuu ;3; *sobs* It split into 3 and fell!!! I hope Cams would still want it. I know she loves nude lipsticks. >: You can't use it anymore as a normal lipstick since it kinda bent DX Not to worry since you can still use a lip brush to apply it. I hope Cams doesn't mind >A< I kinda tested it out. If ever I'll just replace it if she doesn't want this one.

NYX Round Lipstick in Echo

Though in all honesty this is too dull for my taste. *scratches head* It'd be cool for photoshoots I guess or gender bent cosplay.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in London

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS ONE. I first found out about it from my daily blog stalking on projectvanity.com They didn't have antwerp : ( I was a bit hesitant to choose another color since NYX palettes are kinda... And well Color Theory, a lip color looks different on people based on their complexion. 



Anywho I really wanted to try it out and with much contemplation I picked London. I'm glad I did! It's a nude pink with a orangey undertone. It completes my FOTD so much better. It's just understated enough without me looking like a dead person XD This thing is like a love child between a lip tint and a creamy matte lipstick. I try licking it off but it won't budge. It's also extremely Pigmented!

Now all I need to buy is a Lip Plumping Solution. Mmm minty


I read from Ms. Liz's blog that it cracks on her lips but I don't seem to have a problem with it. : O Perhaps because I was already wearing lipstick previously and just wiped it off, so probably the moisture retained? @3@ I'm not quite sure myself. 

Another thing is it has this weird medicine strawberry scent.  o__o The round lipsticks also tasted like soap but then went away after a few days.



Anywho for my other lippies. (I took these shots the other day)

Looks nice on the under side of my arm huh? Wouldn't make a nice blush though, I tried and broke out.

Rosebud and Miracle Respectively.

NYX Round Lipstick in Miracle

I also bought the NYX Round Lipstick in Miracle but the swatch said it was pink. D: It wasn't it's so red omg. I can use these for photoshoots but its not something I'd wear everyday so I gave it to my mom. It looked lovely on her. 

NYX Round Lipstick in Rosebud

It doesn't look as neony here cause i didn't try to enhance it. So this is what it actually looks like. It's a nice pink, very cute. Speaking of pinks I'd love to try the other colors from this series, like Heather. We'll have to see about it.

Anywho that's all. Long first post because much excitement and enthusiasm was put into it. Also this way I won't have to repeatedly fag the same things to my friends over and over again lol. I also hope these colors help people pick colors in the future.




4 comments:

  1. Not bad for your very first blog entry. Keep it up. Love your FOTD! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh I wasn't even expecting comments either. Thanks a lot! : ) Many more to come~

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for barbie pink lips! nice start for your blog :)) followed you alr dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow thank you so much! : ) And yes pink~! I love pink >w<

    ReplyDelete